Designing Solutions (CPUX-DS)
The certificate UXQB® Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience – Designing Solutions (CPUX-DS) confirms that the holder:
- has demonstrated their understanding of the specific terms and concepts used for specifying and visualizing user interfaces (“Designing solutions”);
- can apply relevant techniques and methods for specifying and developing
- interaction specifications and use scenarios for interactive systems based on context of use descriptions and user requirements;
- conceptual models for user interfaces;
- information architectures and navigation structures;
- user assistance;
- sketches, wireframes, wireflows, low- and high-fidelity-prototypes for user interfaces;
- has demonstrated competency in designing solutions by completing both a theoretical and a practical certification examination.
You obtain the CPUX-DS certificate by passing a theoretical and a practical certification examination. The theoretical examination is proctored and consists of a 40 multiple-choice questions. It lasts 90 minutes. The practical examination procedure is described in detail in the examination regulations.
Some candidates only aim at confirmation of advanced theoretical knowledge. Therefore, it is also possible to acquire Advanced certification based on the theoretical part of the examination only leading to the certificate “CPUX-DS, theoretical part”. UXQB recommends taking the theoretical examination and the practical examination to give evidence on both approved theoretical knowledge and approved practical skills.
For training and self-study, the following documentation is available at no cost.
A prerequisite for taking the test to become a “Certified Professional in Usability and User Experience – Advanced Level” is the possession of the certificate “Certified Professional in Usability and User Experience – Foundation Level (CPUX-F)” from UXQB e.V. Nobody will be allowed to take part in the test without this certificate; no alternative certificates will be accepted.