How to Become a Recognized Training Provider (RTP)
In order to become a recognized training provider, your company must sign a contract for “Recognized Training Providers” with the UXQB. You must sign two paper copies of the contract and send both copies to UXQB, who will sign them and return one to you. Otherwise you can also register online and send a digital signed contract to UXQB. The annual fee is EUR 1.500 irrespective of the number of trainings offered.
Register as a recognized training provider today!
Advantages for Recognized Training Providers
Enrolling as a training provider that is recognized by the UXQB has the following advantages:
- For a fee, an examiner from an independent certification provider recognized by the UXQB will carry out a CPUX certification examination after your trainings, provided that there are at least 5 participants. Certifications are available only for RTPs.
- You are invited to list all your trainings in the official training calendar on UXQB’s website
- You will get access to additional training materials, including a full, second set of 40 CPUX-F questions, which you can use for training purposes
- You may use UXQB’s signet “Recognized Training Provider” on your website
- Through the annual fee, recognized training providers increase the credibility of the CPUX-certification program and thereby the value of their own trainings.
- Recognized training providers contribute to covering the significant costs for maintaining and developing the certification program.
Responsibilities of Recognized Training Providers
Training providers that are recognized by the UXQB have the following responsibilities:
- Pay a yearly fee, which is currently 1.500 Euros. The fee is unchanged since 2014.
- Structure and conduct training in accordance with the applicable UXQB curriculum.
- Only use trainers who are holders of the CPUX-F certificate, and who have scored at least 80% in the certification examination.
- Conduct public training or in-house training using technically and pedagogically competent trainers in a way that maximizes the likelihood that participants will pass the certification test.
- Send copies of the standardized evaluation form for each participant to email@example.com after each training session.
- Exclusively use UXQB accredited certification providers.
Why become a Recognized Training Provider for CPUX trainings?
The following characteristics distinguish the UXQB from other UX certification programs:
- For practitioners by practitioners
The UXQB is recognized by leading professional UX organisations such as the German UPA, UXPA-UK (Großbritannien), UX Switzerland, UXPro Austria and UX Danmark. Representatives of these organisations are active in creating and reviewing curricula and maintaining the organisation of the UXQB, for example by participating in UXQB’s annual General Assembly. UXQB’s Advisory Board consists exclusively of UX experts from industry.
UXQB curricula are freely available on UXQB’s website. UXQB has also published complete sets of sample exam questions with solutions for training purposes. Interested people can see in advance what they get. There is no need to purchase and study extensive and sometimes contradictory textbooks.
- Many independent training providers
UXQB has more than 30 independent training providers. Some of the training providers are well-known and highly respected, and UXQB is proud that they have chosen to support UXQB. Any company regardless of size can become a UXQB recognized training provider if they fulfill a number of reasonable criteria.
- Independent, trustworthy certification
UXQB certifications are carried out by independent certification providers who fulfill the requirements described in ISO/IEC1 7024. The trainers have no access to the certification questions, which guarantees a trustworthy certification process.
- Advanced level certifications
UXQB provides advanced level certifications for user requirements engineering and usability testing.
UXQB has training providers who are native speakers in 7 different countries: Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine Denmark and the United States. UXQB curricula are available in German and English.
- Based on ISO standards
UXQB curricula are based on ISO standards. In technical areas where ISO standards are not available, UXQB curricula are based on recognized UX textbooks and the UXPA Body of Knowledge.
- Independent learners welcome
UXQB recommends taking a professional CPUX training course provided by one of UXQB’s Recognized Training Providers. However, courses are not mandatory. About 25% of people taking the certification are self-taught and do quite well in the certification tests.
UXQB does not just preach usability and good user experience. UXQB also practices it: UXQB’s curricula are full of relevant examples of the terms that examinees must learn. Complete sets of sample exam questions are freely available.